In consideration of local public health concerns, the decision has been made to cancel Day Out With Thomas events at the Heart of Dixie Railroad Museum in April. The health and well-being of our guests and employees is always our primary concern. We believe this was the best choice given growing health concerns and apologize for any inconvenience. For those who have purchased tickets, you will be automatically refunded by TicketWeb.
Thank you for your understanding and support!
Ride, Play and Stay All Day!
Come celebrate Thomas’ birthday at the Heart of Dixie Railroad Museum in Calera, Alabama! Select your train time and hop on board for a ride with the #1 Blue Engine.
Like any great birthday party – Come early and stay all day!
Your ticket gives you unlimited access to the Imagination Station, inflatable fun, Play Pods and much more! Follow the tracks to Day Out With Thomas for an event you won’t want to miss!
Unlimited Play, Unlimited Fun!
- Explore the Imagination Station chock full of Thomas activities.
- Play with the newest Thomas toys and MEGA Bloks in the Play Pod.
- New live entertainment!
- Meet Sir Topham Hatt, the Director of the Sodor Railway.
- Pick up your Day Out With Thomas Passport to Adventure to take you around the event
- Check out exclusive items at the Day Out With Thomas pop-up Gift Shop
- Carpet golf, bubble stations and more!
- Heart of Dixie Railroad Museum displays – heritage railcars, depot museum and giftshop.
Trains depart every 30 minutes.
- Fri April 17, 2020 9:45 AM - 3:45 PM
- Sat April 18, 2020 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Sun April 19, 2020 9:45 AM - 3:45 PM
- Sat April 25, 2020 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Sun April 26, 2020 9:45 AM - 3:45 PM
Boarding begins 15 minutes before scheduled train departure printed on your tickets.
All Times Central
Pre-purchased tickets may be picked up at the gate, or tickets may be purchased on-site the day of the event while they last.
The Day Out With Thomas train ride lasts approximately 25 minutes.
Please Arrive At Least 1 Hour Prior To Your Departure Time To:
- Pick up your tickets at the welcome tent
- Use the restrooms at the Gift Shop
- Get in position to board the train.
Come early and play all day!
Tickets include one train ride with Thomas and all attractions for $22 plus processing fee for ages 2 and up. Processing fee $3.65 for tickets purchased online and $4.25 for for tickets purchased by phone.
Advanced purchase recommended to reserve your preferred departure time and railcar.
Children 0-24 months ride free of charge though required to sit in an adult’s lap at all times. For your safety, strollers and infant car seat carriers are not allowed on the train.
Our train has wheelchair accessible accommodations on the Long Island 2972 and Open Air Car 1121. Wheelchair loading and unloading occurs at the Calera Depot with a MobiLift wheelchair lift. We do not have wheelchair boarding capabilities at stops such as Ozan Winery, or the Pumpkin Patch for the Pumpkin Patch Express.
Note: A person in your party must be in a wheelchair to purchase this ticket. This is only a space for a wheelchair, no seat is provided.
There are no working restrooms on our vintage railcars. Please use the restroom at the Gift Shop prior to boarding.
For More Information & FAQs
Advance purchase recommended. Click Here For Tickets or call 866.468.7630.