Train, Wine & Sweets Pairing!
Take your sweetheart on a trip aboard the Calera & Shelby Railroad for a short rail excursion to the Ozan Winery & Distillery! Upon arrival at the vineyard, receive a trackside taste of Yella Whiskey, then enjoy a short stroll up the gentle hill under the stars to lovely, rustic tasting rooms. Each guest will receive a souvenir wine glass and a pre-selected sampling of wines paired with an individual plate of sweets and treats.
This event will be held in mostly enclosed spaces. All attendees must abide by current mask mandates requiring masks to be worn when onboard the train and at the winery.
All trains will strive to depart from the Heart of Dixie Railroad Museum's Calera Depot promptly on schedule. Please plan to arrive on the Museum grounds at least 30 minutes prior to your selected ticket time in order to pick up your tickets from the Depot's ticket window and utilize the restrooms at the Giftshop. Boarding will occur approximately 15 minutes prior to each scheduled departure.
- Board at the Heart of Dixie Railroad Museum's Calera Depot
- Approximate 15-minute train excursion to Ozan Winery & Distillery
- Trackside Spirit Sampling upon arrival
- Wine Tasting of 7 pre-selected wines with keepsake glass at the winery
- Individual Sweets Plate (paired with pre-selected wines)
- Reboard Train as scheduled for a return trip to the Depot
- Enclosed Seating Only - Limited Availability - By Reservation only.
- Social Distancing Enforced
- Special Event ticket sales are final
Tickets are available by advance purchase only.
All Participants Must Be Age 21+. Id Required.
This event departs from the Heart of Dixie Railroad Museum Depot - 1919 9th Street, Calera, AL 35040. Passengers should plan to arrive onsite approximately 30 minutes prior to scheduled departure to pick up boarding passes from the will call ticket office in the Calera Depot.
Per Couple: - $89*†‡
*Tickets may only be distributed to passengers age 21+ (ID required.)
†Tickets for the Sweethearts Special may be purchased ONLY in pairs. Single tickets are not available at this time. Seating on the train will be available in side-by-side sets of two. Seating at the winery will be available at tables of two or four ONLY. Due to COVID-19 guidelines, tables/chairs will not be rearranged for any reason. Groups larger than four may request to be seated near each other.
‡Contactless temperature screening will occur at the Heart of Dixie Railroad Museum Depot prior to boarding the train. All temperatures must register less than 100° F in order to participate.
Due to social distancing protocols, the train cars utilized during the Sweethearts Special will be maintained at less than 60% capacity. Seats will not be assigned - rather, carhosts will facilitate an open selection seating procedure of first boarded-first seated.
Duration of experience: Approximately 2 hours. All event and departure times are shown in the Central Time Zone.
Health & Safety Guidelines
The Heart of Dixie Railroad Museum and Ozan Winery & Distillery adhere to all State of Alabama Department of Health COVID related guidelines for spacing and capacity. For this reason, reservations are being made by table for social distancing requirements. Single tickets are not available at this time. There is a maximum of four people per table and tables will not be moved to accommodate for larger parties. Groups larger than four may request to be seated near each other.
The following precautions will be taken during this event:
- Contactless temperature screening will occur at the Heart of Dixie Railroad Museum Depot prior to boarding the train. Temperature must register less than 100° F in order to participate.
- Masks will be required when onboard the train and to enter the winery facility, but may be removed when eating and drinking.
- Wheelchair boarding and disembarking will not be available at the Winery trackside for this event. For more information or options, please contact Ozan Winery directly at 205-668-6926.