A Daytime Holiday Adventure
‘Tis the season to be jolly! Get your tickets and bring the whole family to celebrate the holiday together with a 30-minute daytime ride on the seasonally decorated Calera & Shelby train; visit Santa for a festive photo opportunity on the Museum grounds; board the narrow-gauge steam train for a quick trip down Candy Cane Lane on the Shelby & Southern Railroad; and enjoy all the activities on the museum grounds. It’s all included with your Christmas Experience tickets!
Be sure to enjoy a delicious lunch or sweet snacks from the food trucks and vendors on the grounds throughout the day. Get your last-minute shopping done with the craft and holiday gifts vendors offering the perfect something(s) for your special someone(s)!
Events As Different as Night & Day
Christmas at the Station offers a daytime-only alternative to our nighttime-only North Pole Express event. The two events differ in a number of ways:
- The Shelby & Southern Railroad is available only during this daytime event.
- Craft & holiday gifts vendors are available only during this daytime event.
- Neither food nor drink are served onboard the train during this daytime event.
- The pre-recorded Christmas carols enjoyed onboard are not performed live during this daytime event.
- The train is in motion for the entirety of the ride, meaning, an extended stop will not be made at the North Pole during the daytime event.
- Photos with Santa occur on the museum grounds – not on the train – during this daytime event.
- Ticket prices differ and first-class upgrades are not available during this daytime event.
- Saturday, November 30th
- Saturday, December 7th
- Sunday, December 14th
- Departure Times:
- 10:00 a.m. & 1:00 p.m. Central
- Boarding begins 15 minutes before scheduled train departure.
- Tickets may be purchased in advance online or may be purchased as available on the day of the event prior to boarding at the Calera Depot.