Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler!
“Let the Good Times Roll!”
Although Mardi Gras is generally associated with New Orleans, the festive holiday was actually born in the port city of Mobile, Alabama! So, as Alabama’s official railroad museum, the Heart of Dixie Railroad Museum is partnering with Ozan Winery & Distillery to bring up a little bit of the cuisine, music and fun that reminds you of the biggest party in the South!
All Aboard for Mardi Gras
Depart from the Heart of Dixie Railroad Museum Depot for a rail excursion to Ozan Winery & Distillery. Arrive at the festively lighted trackside at the vineyard, take a short walk up the hill to the tasting room, and start your adventure together!
While at the winery, receive a sampling of Yella Hound Spirits and wines paired with traditional Mardi Gras cuisine small bites. Taste favorites like Chardonnay, Peach and Pinot Noir and others. An additional tasting of Ozan’s own Founder’s Cut Straight Bourbon Whiskey will be paired with a sweet French treat to enjoy. All wines and spirits will be available for purchase by the bottle for you to take home. ID required
The evening’s experience lasts approximately 1½ hours including the roundtrip train ride through the woods and time spent at Ozan Winery. For even more festive fun, dress in your Mardi Gras best – but please wear appropriate shoes for an outdoor terrain walk up a gentle hill to the tasting rooms.
- Enclosed seating only - Limited availability. Advance purchase required.
- Bottle purchase for all wines and spirits available prior to return departure – receive 15% off all wines!
- Departure Times:
- Saturday and Sunday evenings prior to Fat Tuesday
- At 5:00 p.m., 6:30 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. Central
- Boarding begins 15 minutes before scheduled train departure.
- Limited availability. Advance purchase required. Ages 21+ only. ID required.