Hop Aboard with ‘Some-bunny’ Special
This Easter weekend, there's no need for your child to scramble for sugary Easter eggs with a jumble of other kids! Instead, plan to have a relaxing, gentle time onboard the train together. You’ll even get to make a photo with the Easter Bunny himself as Peter Cottontail personally visits every family onboard the train. He’ll make sure each child receives a special sweet treat at the end of the ride!
Make it ‘Egg-stra’ Memorable
A variety of free, family-friendly activities and crafts will be available for you to enjoy together on the Museum grounds. If you’re lucky, you may come across a secret golden egg to redeem for a special prize! Purchase tickets to ride the Shelby & Southern steam train and be sure to enjoy a delicious lunch and scrumptious snacks from the food truck and vendors on the grounds throughout the day.
The train ride lasts approximately 75 minutes, so bring your sunglasses, a smile and the whole family! This event is a quality Easter alternative for children with sensorial needs.
- April 17, 2022
- 10:00 a.m.
- 1:00 p.m.
- 3:00 p.m.
*All times Central
- Boarding begins 15 minutes before scheduled train departure.
- Tickets may be purchased in advance online or may be purchased as available on the day of the event prior to boarding at the Calera Depot.
Important Ticket Information:
Train tickets and/or charter reservation deposits are non-refundable. However, our ticket team is happy to transfer any unused travel funds to a train ride at a different date/time in the same operating season (March-October). Some exclusions may apply. Contact [email protected] for more information.
- The train crew strives to keep all train departures precisely on schedule. Plan to arrive approximately 60 minutes prior to your scheduled departure to provide you with enough time to be in position for timely boarding.
- There are no working restrooms on our vintage rail cars. Please ensure adequate time to use the restroom at the Gift Shop prior to boarding.
- Outside food and drinks other than bottled water are only permissible in the open-air cars and are not allowed in any historic enclosed coach.
- Passengers may select their preferred train car at boarding. Seats are unassigned onboard the train.
- Infants under 24 months old may ride free of charge but must remain in an adult's lap. For your safety, strollers and infant car seat carriers are not permitted aboard the train.
Wheelchair accessible accommodations are available on the Long Island No. 2972 and Open Air Car No. 1121. Wheelchair loading and unloading only occurs at the Calera Depot using a MobiLift wheelchair lift. Wheelchair boarding capabilities are unavailable at stops such as Ozan Winery.
NOTE: A person in your party must be in a wheelchair to purchase the wheelchair space ticket. This is only a secure space for a wheelchair, no seat is provided. More information about the museum's accessibility and ADA compliance can found on our ADA Information page.
Stay on Track!
Our team has worked hard to ensure a safe and relaxing time for your family onboard our train. Please be sure to follow all verbal directions from your car hosts and adhere to all posted safety and sanitation guidelines on the train and throughout the grounds.